So this post is looooooooooooooooong overdue… in fact, blogwatig bestowed the honour of the Liebster Award on me exactly a year ago (23rd August, 2012 to be precise). And I have been such a lazy ass. It has taken me about 3 blogger meets, and over a 30 posts to get to this one. And I’m glad I’m finally here.
So, what is a Liebster Award, you ask?
Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
It’s appreciation from fellow bloggers & your chance to introduce yourself to other awesome bloggers.
So, Vinita thinks Im awesome? Yay! Here’s how we met. Rutavi Mehta introduced me to the awesome women of the Indiblogeshwari community. And soon enough, I was at my very first blogger meet last year in August. And my blog post describing the event was when the Queen Blogger first discovered my writing. And she loved it. :)
Vinita and I are connected in more ways than one. She and I both belong to the ad industry, very similar in nature. And now, she has passed on her Liebster honour to me. So here I am, fulfilling the tradition of this award.
Here are the rules:
If you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself
Then you answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you & make 11 questions for the people you are going to tag.
Tag 11 more Bloggers (with no more than 200 followers)
Tell the people you tagged that you did.
No tagging back.
1. I love trekking and adventure sorts, but it takes a lot for me to get off my lazy ass!
8. Loved my dad to bits. Keep wishing I could get into a time machine and say a lot of things that I didnt get to say!
10. I will always accept a compliment with a lil bit of disbelief, cynicism.
11. I absolutely HATE anyone throwing kachra on the road, in the trains. Have actually held a woman’s hand and asked her to hand me her kachra, and threw it in the nearest dustbin I saw.
The Eleven Questions that I have been asked….
1. Do you think a 3 am friend is a myth?
Totally. My best friend starts snoring way before midnight. And even an owl like me would bitchslap anyone who woke me up at an unearthly hour like that. (Medical emergencies are exempt from this rule :P)
2. Who would you rather be? A celebrity or the Prime Minister of the country?
Prime Minister, who becomes a celebrity – thanks to my deeds & not my silence! ;)
3. What is the one quality you’d like the older generation to imbibe from the younger one?
To learn to relax, keep calm.
4. What is the one quality the older generation must pass on as a legacy to the next?
Their grace, and dignity. The way they could hold beautiful conversations without a trace of profanity in it.
5. What is your take on beauty contests?
Reinforcement of beliefs that external beauty makes you who are. The last quizzing round is just a formality. The swimsuit round is where the real winner lies. It is just another boost for the cosmetic & skin cream industry!
6. If there was one thing you could do to make a difference, what would that be?
I would work towards preserving / increasing the green cover on this planet.
7. What has your electricity consumption been the last month? Is it gonna change for the better?
Its on the rise, and I feel guilty. Hope to change that.
8. Who is the one person that inspires you?
My elder sister. A self-made person, who has created opportunities for herself at every stage of her life.
9. Did you ever go back to school and meet your teachers? Why?
Once. Didn’t get to meet them, most of them have retired or have left this world :(
10. What colours would you paint with if you had just two shades to choose from?
Black & white. The basics. But the essentials.
11. Since I am bestowing the award, What one liner would you write describing me?
Fultoo fatakari. The online space would be quite boring without you.
The Eleven Questions that I now ask YOU
1. What is that one moment that defined you?
2. The best thing someone has ever said to you.
3. If you weren’t doing what you you’re doing currently, what would see yourself as?
4. The best place you’ve travelled to, and the best memory associated to it.
5. How did you deal with your first heart break?
6. What is the worst piece of advice you’ve given someone?
7. If you could choose your name, what would you call yourself?
8. Have you ever done something stupid, and absolutely loved it? Temme about it.
9. What is the worst Youtube video of yours, that became a viral sensation among your friends?
10. Have you ever considered shaving your head, just for kicks? Would you?
11. If you had a chance to slap someone, just for being alive, who would it be?
1. Anmol Rawat: http://anmolrawat.blogspot.in/ : been reading his posts on the Blogadda WOW weekends, and love the stories he’s been churning out.